Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Some Old Things

This photo is just near my house.  i took it last spring just after the snow was melting.  I went for a walk with my boyfriend and ended up taking pictures of great things.  This little creek ran next to the road and presented itself with a great opportunity; when i saw the pipe i thought it would be great to snap a picture of.  Now that i know how to adjust for light and depth of field, it will be alot easier to make my camera focus in shots like these. I love this picture because i feel like i am drawn toward the light and it seems so serene at the other end.
This photo was taken with my teeny point and shoot canon a few years back at river front park or two moon. It was so gorgeous with birds, clouds and colored light,  and with no wind on the water i couldnt help but snap pictures.  i like this because the water is so perfectly still and the colors of the sky are beautiful although i could have lived without the pipe hanging out.  ill take what i can get though concidering the farthest i go for photography is red lodge :)

This photo was also taken at river front park i believe.  My little point and shoot took this guy.  I was inspired to take this picture by a photo my aunt took of her daughter who was walking down this path many years ago.  She has since passed away and so i visited this spot in her memory and took pictures.  I am more than pleased at how this turned out, as i feel it keeps your attention throughout the entire photo and the light quality isnt too shabby either.
 

I'm not sure where this photo was taken but my point and shoot Canon did this one as well.  The sky really added alot to this photo for me.  I like that it wasnt just water and sky but also a little grass in the foreground and trees in the background too.  I think this adds alot to the picture.  Also i dont know that i blew out anything in this one which is good news.

This photo was taken on the way back from Salt Lake City, UT after my brother's brain surgery.  I was sleeping on and off during the ride so unfortunately i have no idea where we are in the trip at this point and no way of knowing which mountain range this is.  This picture is pretty because it really gives you a sense of movement even though it is still.  The road is running away from you as you head to your destination but the mountains still let you have some serenity and enjoy nature.  I think that's really what we all are looking for, is getting things done but still enjoying ourselves. I think i caught that here.

This last one was shot with my Canon EOS Rebel T3 last spring at the Yellowstone River in Two Moon Park, one of my favorite places to shoot in Billings.  When i saw this tree, i knew i had to have a picture of it.  the pretty sky, with clouds all about was great. Different colors in the ground added a great deal to this photo.  I am especially pleased with the color of the blue in the sky because this photo was taken without any filters or any editing afterwards.
 
-KEE

No comments:

Post a Comment