Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Yellowstone

Yellowstone 10/27-10/28/2012
This photo is looking over a meadow.  I love the way the sun is over the tree.  The tree is not centered so the rule of thirds is working for me here.  My camera is a Canon EOS Rebel T3,  it was in manual exposure, shutter speed: 1/750, Aperature: 9.5, ISO: 400.  The focal length was 18mm with my 58mm lense.  I used my new polarizer for the first time on this trip so i love how the reflections on the snow are reduced.
This is one of the thermal features at Yellowstone National Park.  I made this photo have a little more color in the greens and yellows as well as the brown in the back trees.  I also used my polarizer on my Canon EOS Rebel T3 in this photo and my 58mm lense.  It was taken in manual exposure with shutter speed: 1/15, aperature:22, ISO: 200 and a focal length of 21mm.  I like how the thermal feature is not quite centered.  The weather was freezing so the steam was great and it really took some patience to get a good photo where you could see the colors of the thermal feature because of the steam.  I also like the trees in the back being all straight up and dark to give a great background element that is not distracting.
These are all i have edited so far...only 28 more to go lol
-KEE

No comments:

Post a Comment